Beneath are 21 hospitals that closed in 2018, starting with the latest.
1. Mercy Health center Fortress Scott (Kan.). St. Louis-based Mercy close down Mercy Health center Fortress Scott on Dec. 31. Mercy cited declining affected person quantity and shrinking compensation as the explanations for the closure of the 46-bed health center.
2. Physicians Regional Clinical Middle. Knoxville, Tenn.-based Tennova Healthcare, a part of Franklin, Tenn.-based Group Well being Methods, closed Physicians Regional Clinical Middle in Knoxville on Dec. 28.
three. Lakeway Regional Health center. Tennova Healthcare close down Lakeway Regional Health center in Morristown, Tenn., on Dec. 28, the similar day it closed Physicians Regional Clinical Middle.
four. Little River Healthcare. After submitting for Bankruptcy 11 chapter in July, Rockland, Texas-based Little River Healthcare closed all of its amenities Dec. four, together with two hospitals and several other clinical clinics. The well being gadget ceased operations Dec. four “because of unlucky monetary stipulations,” in step with a message on its site.
five. Ripley County Memorial Health center. Cape Girardeau, Mo.-based SoutheastHealth close down Ripley County Memorial Health center in Doniphan, Mo., on Oct. 15. SoutheastHealth cited low affected person quantity as a explanation why for the closure.
6. Pauls Valley (Okla.) Regional Clinical Middle. Regardless of efforts to steer clear of closure through elevating cash thru GoFundMe, Pauls Valley Regional Clinical Middle closed its doorways Oct. 12. As a result of the closure, about 130 staff misplaced their jobs.
7. Latimer County Normal Health center. After postponing products and services in Would possibly, Latimer County Normal Health center in Wilburton, Okla., closed Oct. 1.
eight. Northside Regional Clinical Middle (Youngstown, Ohio). Dallas-based Steward Well being Care closed Northside Regional Clinical Middle Sept. 20. Steward introduced plans in August to close down the ability, mentioning a pointy decline in affected person quantity.
nine. McKenzie (Tenn.) Regional Health center. Brentwood, Tenn.-based Quorum Well being closed McKenzie Regional Health center Sept. 15. On Oct. 1, Quorum finished the sale of the health center to Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Memorial Well being Care.
10. Franciscan Chicago Heights (Sick.). Mishawaka, Ind.-based Franciscan Well being closed Franciscan Chicago Heights on Sept. 7 as a part of a restructuring plan that concerned consolidating products and services at Franciscan’s health center in Olympia Fields, Sick.
11. Chestatee Regional Health center (Dahlonega, Ga.). Chestatee Regional Health center closed July 26. The closure got here after Chestatee Regional Health center used to be on the middle of a CBS Information investigation that integrated allegations that the health center’s proprietor used to be the usage of the ability to harvest massive paydays from insurers.
12. Excellent Samaritan Health center (Dayton, Ohio). Dayton-based Premier Well being close down Excellent Samaritan Health center July 23. Premier mentioned running two hospitals — Excellent Samaritan and Miami Valley Health center in Dayton — inside five miles of one another had change into unsustainable.
13. Group Clinical Middle Lengthy Seaside (Calif.). Group Clinical Middle Lengthy Seaside opened in 1924 and closed July three. The health center close down because of an lack of ability to retrofit the ability to fulfill California’s seismic requirements.
14. Regional Clinical Middle Jacksonville (Ala.). After 42 years in operation, Regional Clinical Middle Jacksonville, a 104-bed health center, closed June 30. The Healthcare Authority of the Town of Anniston (Ala.), which operated RMC Jacksonville’s dad or mum corporate, introduced plans in Would possibly to near the health center because of emerging healthcare prices and inadequate earnings.
15. Coalinga (Calif.) Regional Clinical Middle. Coalinga Regional Clinical Middle closed June 15 because of monetary demanding situations. The health center district that operated the health center prior to it closed filed for Bankruptcy nine chapter Sept. five.
16. Florence (Ariz.) Health center at Anthem. Florence Health center at Anthem entered Bankruptcy 11 chapter in overdue Would possibly after it didn’t contest an involuntary chapter petition from collectors inside the required 21-day timeline. The health center closed June 18.
17. Gilbert (Ariz.) Health center. Gilbert Health center, which is affiliated with Florence Health center at Anthem, entered Bankruptcy 11 chapter in overdue Would possibly and closed June 16.
18. Dual Rivers Regional Clinical Middle (Kennett, Mo.). Franklin, Tenn.-based Group Well being Methods closed Dual Rivers Regional Clinical Middle, a 116-bed health center, June 12. The corporate cited much less call for for inpatient care as the cause of the closure. CHS consolidated Dual Rivers Regional Clinical Middle’s operations with Poplar Bluff (Mo.) Regional Clinical Middle.
19. Bay Space Regional Clinical Middle (Webster, Texas). Leaders mentioned adverse contracts with controlled care corporations driven Bay Space Regional Clinical Middle to shut in Would possibly. “When it got here to negotiations with our controlled care contracts, we have been not able to come back to an settlement, a good settlement, and because of overhead, we could not live to tell the tale,” a health center spokesperson instructed the Houston Chronicle in Would possibly.
20. Baylor Scott & White Clinical Middle-Garland (Texas). Baylor Scott & White Well being, a nonprofit well being gadget founded in Dallas, explored a number of different choices prior to shutting down 113-bed Baylor Scott & White Clinical Middle-Garland Feb. 28. The well being gadget closed the health center, which incurred important monetary losses during the last 3 years, after scaling again products and services and looking to safe a brand new proprietor for the ability with out luck.
21. Affinity Clinical Middle (Massillon, Ohio). Brentwood, Tenn.-based Quorum Well being closed Affinity Clinical Middle, a 156-bed health center, Feb. 11. Quorum cited monetary troubles as the cause of the closure. The corporate mentioned declining revenues, expanding supplier repayment and a aggressive marketplace brought about Affinity Clinical Middle to report monetary losses for the ultimate six years.
Baptist Well being South Florida sees 66% leap in web source of revenue
450 hospitals vulnerable to possible closure, Morgan Stanley research reveals
Physicians at three Pennsylvania hospitals mull criminal motion after operating weeks with out pay
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Fascinated by LINKING to or REPRINTING this content material? View our insurance policies through clicking right here.